Our Park …
… an experience for the entire family!
The oldest nature park in Austria is located in the municipality of Hinterbrühl near Mödling in the southern part of the Vienna Woods and was founded more than 50 years ago (in 1962). The park underwent a major redesign in 2005 and many new attractive features were introduced in celebration of the park’s 50th anniversary in 2012. The walled, park-like complex invites visitors to explore the giant trees, romantic ruins and spacious meadows and enjoy leisurely walks through the Vienna woodland and its beautiful Biedermeier garden design. The combination of “historical” elements with new interactive educational programs, as well as the free-range wild boars offers guests an unforgettable day.
Due to the free-roaming wild boars, dogs are NOT allowed in the park. We thank you for your understanding.
- Visitor center with kiosk and shop with plenty of indoor and outdoor seating
- Interactive Nature Park House with the “Wall of Animal Sounds”
- Large adventure playground with tree house, fox burrow, extensive water and sand play area and a snack bar at the playground (open on weekends, holidays and as needed)
- Petting zoo with rabbits, donkeys, goats and sheep
- “Wildlife Gallery” with fallow deer and European mouflon
- Three romantic ruins: Johannstein Ruin, Köhlerhaus Ruin and Diana Temple
- Tree lounges
- Renaturalized Lenau pond with mill and numerous rest Areas